Selecting the right outfits for engagement photos can impact the overall look and feel
Engagement photos are a wonderful way to celebrate your love and excitement about the upcoming wedding. They capture the essence of your relationship and serve as a visual representation of your journey together. Selecting the right outfits for your engagement photos can impact the overall look and feel of the pictures. Let's go over some helpful tips and ideas on what to wear to ensure your engagement photos are picture-perfect!
- Coordinate, Don't Match: While matching outfits can be cute, coordinating your attire can result in more visually appealing photos. Choose a color scheme or palette that complements both your complexions and the location of your photoshoot. This creates a harmonious look without being overly matchy. For example, if you decide on a soft, pastel color scheme, one of you could wear a soft blue pastel dress or shirt while the other opts for a complementary color, such as ivory.
- Reflect Your Personal Style: Engagement photos should reflect your personality and style as a couple. If you're typically more casual, don't feel pressured to wear formal attire! Likewise, if you both love dressing up, consider a more elegant look. Being yourselves in front of the camera will result in more authentic and genuine photos.
- Consider the Location: The setting of your engagement photoshoot can influence your outfit choices. For a beach or outdoor shoot, light and airy clothing like sundresses and khakis work well. In contrast, urban or city settings may call for more contemporary or formal attire. Always consider the environment and choose outfits that will complement, not blend into, the backdrop.
- Dress for the Season: The season during which you take your engagement photos should also guide your clothing choices. Light and breathable fabrics like linen and cotton are great for summer photos, while cozy sweaters and layers work well for autumn or winter shoots. Don't forget to consider the weather and dress accordingly for comfort! You don't want to be too cold or too hot during your photos.
- Accessorize Mindfully: Accessories can add personality and flair to your engagement photos. Consider statement jewelry, hats, or even props that are meaningful to your relationship. However, remember the "less is more" rule. Overly accessorizing can distract from the main focus, which is your connection and love.
- Focus on Fit: Well-fitted clothing not only looks better but also makes you feel more confident. Ensure that your outfits are tailored to your body type and are comfortable to move in. Ill-fitting clothing can be distracting and affect your overall comfort during the photoshoot, which will be noticeable in your photos.
- Test Drive Your Outfits: Before the day of your session, try on your chosen outfits together. This helps ensure that everything looks as good in reality as it did in your mind. Check for any wrinkles or stains, and make sure that the clothing is comfortable enough for you to move freely around in.
- Be Mindful of Colors: More neutral tones can create a more timeless and classic look. Certain bold colors such as red or bright yellow or black do not translate well onto the camera, so try to avoid these colors when choosing your outfits. Think about the colors that resonate with you both and choose shades that complement your skin tones and as well as the location.
Your engagement photos are a celebration of your love story, and what you wear can play a significant role in how these photos turn out. Coordinating your outfits, considering the location and season, and staying true to your personal style will result in engagement photos that beautifully capture your unique connection and excitement for your future together.
Live in the Wilmington, North Carolina area and are ready to book your engagement photography session with K.Ley Productions? Contact me HERE for more information and pricing!